- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Barcelona & Madrid, 02 City Breaks 7D6N
Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, is defined by quirky art and architecture, imaginative food and vibrant street life. It has medieval roots, seen in the Gothic Quarter, but a modernist personality represented by architect Antoni Gaudí’s fantastical Sagrada Família cathedral….maze of narrow, curved streets, vibrant city attracting crowds … Ramblas to enjoy street musicians, living statues; shop on the Passeig de Gracia, rest in Guell Park. Have a sunset drink on the Barceloneta Beach …Admire Barcelona famously whimsical modernista architecture and Gaudi’s seven masterpieces.
…Few cities boast an artistic pedigree quite as pure as Madrid’s. For centuries, Spanish royals showered praise and riches upon the finest artists of the day, from home-grown talents such as Goya and Velázquez to Flemish and Italian greats. Masterpieces by these and other Spanish painters such as Picasso, Dalí and Miró now adorn the walls of the city’s world-class galleries. Three in particular are giants – the Museo del Prado, Centro de Arte Reina Sofía and Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza…
Package is quoted per person in EURO and Includes:
- 03-Night accommodation in BARCELONA at the hotel of your choice
- Daily Buffet breakfast
- Barcelona Hop-on-Hop-off 01-Day Pass
- Guided tour and Fast Track in Sagrada Familia
- Entrance ticket to Segrada Familia
- High-speed train ticket Barcelona-Madrid, OR Madrid-Barcelona on economy class
- 03-Night accommodation in MADRID at the hotel of your choice
- Daily Buffet breakfast
- Madrid Hop-on-Hop-off 01-Day Pass
- Half-Day Guided tour to Toledo
- Entrance fee to Toledo Cathedral
- Regular tours Seat-in-Coach
- Round trip transfer Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Travel insurance
- Guaranteed Departure: Daily
- Package Excludes air ticket
|May. To Oct. 2023||Nov. to Dec. 2023|
|CATEGORY||3N BARCELONA||3N MADRID||Double||Single||Double||Single|
|Standard T||Evenia Rocafort||NH Manzanares
/ Madrid Ventas
|€ 1,139||€ 1,685||€ 1,029||€ 1,575|
|Superior T||Evenia Rosselló||Soho Boutique Opera/Congreso||€ 1,391||€ 2,126||€ 1,218||€ 1,953|
|Superior Plus A||Granados 83||Meliá Madrid Princesa
/ Villa Real
|€ 1,601||€ 2,489||€ 1,418||€ 2,305|
The itinerary is also available in the opposite direction: departing from Madrid and ending in Barcelona.
- City Tax is NOT included and must be paid directly at the hotel.
- Prices are subject to change according to Availability at the date and time of booking.
- In case the mentioned hotel is unavailable, then alternate hotel of similar category shall be provided.
- Prices not valid during fairs, congresses or special events.
- Prices are valid all Year round. Please check for random Promotions during specific dates.
Day 1: Arrival at Barcelona airport or station and transfer to hotel. Free day at leisure. Hotel accommodation.
Day 2: Breakfast, then hop-on-hop-off bus 1-day pass to discover the city at your own pace. Hotel accommodation.
Day 3: Breakfast then enjoy a guided tour of Gaudi’s most important architectural artwork, Sagrada Familia. Time at leisure. Hotel accommodation.
|SCHEDULE||To be advised|
|DEPARTURE POINT||JULIA office: Sardenya Street 311, Barcelona. Please check in at the reception.|
|ARRIVAL POINT||Sagrada Familia|
|NOT AVAILABLE||25 Dec; 01 Jan. Subject to confirmation.|
The tour starts in our Sagrada Familia office. You must check in 15 minutes before the beginning of the tour. Your guide will pick you up at the office with the rest of the group and will bring you to the Basilica.
Enter the temple and get astonished by the most important monument of Barcelona. Get to know the history and the relevance of the Sagrada Familia through your local guide explanations. The interior, inspired by nature and religious symbolisms, will take your breath away. Thanks to our radio device system, you will be able to listen to your guide while walking around the building.
All the architectonic and spiritual elements of the temple merge into an astonishing and unique beauty. Explore the exterior yourself and discover why it is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site. When the tour ends, you can stay inside and visit the museum. A collection of photographs, drawings, and scale models explain the history of the Basilica. The museum also contains interesting facts about Gaudi’s life. ¿Will you miss the opportunity to feel the magic of the Sagrada Familia?
Day 4: BARCELONA-MADRID: Breakfast then transfer from hotel to train station to join the high-speed train Barcelona-Madrid. Arrival, transfer and hotel accommodation in Madrid.
Day 5: Madrid. Breakfast, then hop-on-hop-off bus 1-day pass to discover the city at your own pace. Hotel accommodation.
Day 6: Breakfast, then half-day tour of Toledo. Stroll along the old town, admire the fascinating mix of cultures.
|FREQUENCY||Monday to Saturday|
|CHECK-IN||15 minutes before the departure time|
|DURATION||5 hours approx.|
|DEPARTURE POINT||JULIÁ TRAVEL, C/ SAN NICOLÁS, 15 (next to Plaza de Ramales)|
|ARRIVAL POINT||The tour ends at Plaza de Oriente (bus parking lot)|
|NOT AVAILABLE||04 Apr; 08 Jun; 15 Aug; 01 Nov; 08 & 25 Dec|
Immerse yourself in the history and discover the perfect mix of the Arab, Jewish, and Cristian cultures. Get lost in the old town of Toledo, which had been declared Patrimony of Humanity in 1986. Find out the historical importance of its more than 2000 years of existence. ¿Did you know that it used to be the capital of Spain? Discover its fabulous patrimony and how the coexistence of these three cultures during the centuries influenced its contemporary architectural style.
Follow your guide through the little streets of Toledo to the gothic Cathedral, which was raised above the remains of an ancient Arab Mosque. It was built during the 13th Century and, nowadays, is one of the most important cathedrals of the Gothic Period of Spain. Before entering, you may take notice of the details of its façade and the big bell tower. Enjoy the interior and the Sacristía and admire its artwork collection and the fifteen El Greco pieces you may find among them. Before your trip back to Madrid, you may have some free time to explore Toledo on your own.
Day 7: Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to airport or train station. END OF OUR SERVICES.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
SOME SITES TO SEE
|Casa Mila (La Pedrera)||Park Güell||Passeig de Gràcia||Palau de la Música Catalana|
|Catedral de Barcelona||Casa Battlo||Parc del Laberint d’Horta||Montjuic||Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC)|
|Plaça del Rei
|Parc de La Ciutedella||Plaça de Catalunya||Montserrat Mountain & Monastery|
|Santa Maria Del Mar
|Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter)||Barceloneta
- Millions of tons of sands were pumped onto 02 miles of shoreline lifting Barcelona into the rank of the world’s great beach cities.
- 7 out of 9 UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES in Barcelona waere created by Antoni Gaudi, called God’s Architect. And they are: (1) Casa Vicens (2) Palau Guell (La Rambla) (3) Casa Battlo (Passeig de Gracia) (4) Casa Mila (5) Park Guell (6) Nativity façade and Crypt of La Sagrada Familia (7) Crypt in Colonia Güell
SOME SITES TO SEE
|Royal Palace||National Library||Plaza Mayor||Plaza de Colón
|Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid|
|Museo Nacional Del Prado||Puerta del Sol||Plaza de Cibeles||Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas||Campo del Moro|
|Royal Palace of El Pardo||Puerta de Alcalá||Plaza de España||Barrio de La Latina
|Market of San Miguel
|Palacio de Cristal del Retiro||Puerta de Toledo||Plaza de Oriente||Gran Vía||Neptune Fountain|
|El Retiro Park||Basilica of San Francisco el Grande, Madrid||Plaza de la Villa||Royal Seat of San Lorenzo de El Escorial||National Archaeological Museum|
FACTS ABOUT MADRID
- Madrid was created around the year of 860 A.C.
- It has been the capital of Spain since the 17th
- According to FIFA, Real Madrid FC is the world’s most successful football club of the 20th
- Madrid is one of the greenest cities in Europe.
- It has more cloudless days than virtually any other city in Europe.
- The official symbol of Madrid is a bear rearing up on its hind legs feasting on berries from the madroño tree.
- Madrid is the third (3rd) largest city in the EU, after London and Berlin.
- It’s the highest capital city in Europe.
- The name Madrid comes from the Arabic “magerit” which means ‘place of many streams’.
- It is home to the Warner Brothers Movie World which is Spain’s own kind of Disney World.
- It is known for its Prado Museum. Museo del Prado.
- It is famous for its Calamari Sandwiches.
- Madrid houses the Oldest Restaurant in the World: Sobrino de Botín.
- Madrid has the Biggest Zara in the world, on Paseo de la Castellana.
- Barcelona, Spain
- Madrid, Spain