- 8 Days 7 Nights
- 0 Review
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Italy: Charming Medieval Italia 8D7N
Italy a living museum and UNESCO World Heritages Sites are abundant here. “Rome is the result of 3000 years of ad hoc urban development, Rome’s cityscape is an exhilarating sight. Ancient icons such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Pantheon recall the city’s golden age as caput mundi (capital of the world), while monumental basilicas tell of its history as seat of the Catholic Church. Lording it over the skyline, St Peter’s Basilica towers over the Vatican, testifying to the ambition of Rome’s Renaissance popes and the genius of its game-changing architects. Elsewhere, ornate piazzas and showy fountains add a baroque flourish to the city’s captivating streets”.
… Florence and the ancient Signoria dei Medici is the preeminent cradle of culture and art; Duomo, Giotto’s Bell Tower; Santa Maria Novella; Palazzo Vecchio, and the Uffizi Gallery, Arno River and Ponte Vecchio…
Discover San Gimignano rolling hills covered with rows of grapevines, terra cotta roofs, and fortified towers …
Siena was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site…famous for its cuisine, art, museums, medieval cityscape and the Palio…
Chianti offers a unique landscape, with green, gentle hills covered with wide fields of vineyards and olive groves, small stone villages, characteristic parishes and countryside homes in stone.
Venice, the capital of northern Italy’s Veneto region, is built on more than 100 small islands. Romantic canals, gondola rides, bridges, and 17th-century palazzi overlooking the water are simply Artistic masterpieces. “Venice and its Lagoon” site was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1987. Admire the Grand Canal lined with Renaissance and Gothic palaces; Piazza San Marco, St. Mark’s Basilica; Campanile bell tower; Doge’s Palace; Galleria dell’Accademia; Rialto foot bridge
Tour Highlight: ROME. FLORENCE. SAN GIMIGNANO. SIENA. CHIANTI. VENICE
Package is quoted in EURO Per Person and includes:
- 3-Night accommodation in ROME at the hotel of your choice
- 2-Night accommodation in FLORENCE at the hotel of your choice
- 2-Night accommodation in VENICE at the hotel of your choice
- Bed and Breakfast basis in Standard Rooms
- Day 1: Private transfer from Rome airport to hotel
- Day 2: Free Day at leisure in Rome
- Day 3: Multilingual collective Guided tour “Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine hill”,
- including skip the line entrance tickets at the Colosseum and the archaeological area.
- Day 4: Private transfer from hotel in Rome to train station, train tickets from Rome to Florence (2nd class tickets, high speed)
- Half day multilingual collective Guided tour “Florence city Tour”
- Day 5: Multilingual collective Guided excursion “San Gimignano, Siena & Chianti”, including journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Lunch: Typical Tuscan dishes with Chianti wine tasting
- Guided tour of Siena; self-guided tour of San Gimignano; self-guided tour of the Monteriggioni fortress
- Day 6: Train tickets from Florence to Venice (2nd class tickets, high speed), private transfer from Venice railway station to hotel including meet and greet
- Day 7: Multilingual collective Guided tour of the “Doge’s Palace and the Golden Basilica”,
- including skip the line entrance tickets of Doge’s Palace and Golden Basilica
- Day 8: Transfer from hotel to Venice airport
- Tour starts in Rome, ends in Venice
- Drinks with meals; entrance tickets if not specifically mentioned; and Tips
- Airline Ticket.
|No. Night||City||3-Star Hotel||Periods||Double||Single||Triple|
|3||Rome||Hotel California||08Feb – 30Apr||€ 1,032||€ 1,412||€ 873|
|2||Florence||Hotel Corona d’Italia||01Jul – 31Aug|
|2||Venice||Hotel Carlton Capri||01May – 30Jun||€ 1,096||€ 1,488||€ 1,000|
|01Sep – 31Oct|
|No. Night||City||4-Star Hotel||Periods||Double||Single||Triple|
|3||Rome||Hotel Ariston||08Feb – 30Apr||€ 1,216||€ 1,817||€ 1,105|
|2||Florence||Grand Hotel Adriatico||01Jul – 31Aug|
|2||Venice||Carlton on the Grand Canal||01May – 30Jun||€ 1,305||€ 1,986||€ 1,190|
|01Sep – 31Oct|
|No. Night||City||5-Star Hotel||Periods||Double||Single||Triple|
|3||Rome||Palazzo Montemartini||08Feb – 30Apr||€ 1,656||€ 2,672||€ 1,580|
|2||Florence||Hotel Montebello Splendid||01Jul – 31Aug|
|2||Venice||NH President||01May – 30Jun||€ 1,740||€ 2,839||€ 1,661|
|01Sep – 31Oct|
- City Taxes must be paid directly at the Hotel.
- Fare are subject to change according to Availability.
- In case the mentioned hotel is unavailable, then alternate hotel of similar category will be provided.
Day 1: ROME
Arrival at Rome airport, private transfer to hotel and check-in. Afternoon free time at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: ROME – VATICAN CITY
“Rome, the Eternal City, is the spiritual and physical seat of the Roman Catholic Church, and the site of major pinnacles of artistic heritage and intellectual achievement”.
- Recommendation: A guided excursion to visit the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Peter’s Basilica without queue. At the museum, visit one of the most important art collection in the world. Admire the beautiful spiral stairway, gallery of tapestries, geographical maps, before reaching the famous Sistine Chapel and the stunning Basilica!
Afternoon, free time at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: ROME – ARCHAEOLOGICAL ROME
Rome is a strong mix of haunting ruins, awe-inspiring art and vibrant street life, Italy’s hot-blooded capital is one of the world’s most romantic and charismatic cities”.
“Few cities can rival Rome’s astonishing artistic heritage. Throughout history, the city has starred in the great upheavals of Western art, drawing top artists and inspiring them to push the boundaries of creative achievement. The result is a city awash with priceless treasures. Ancient statues adorn world-class museums; Byzantine mosaics and Renaissance frescoes dazzle in art-rich churches; baroque facades flank medieval piazzas. Stroll through the centre and without even trying you’ll come across masterpieces by the titans of European art – sculptures by Michelangelo, paintings by Caravaggio, frescoes by Raphael and fountains by Bernini”.
- Proceed to the Archaeological Area for a complete guided tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
- Access the Palatine Hill (no line) and discover the hill where Rome was founded.
- Reach the Colosseum and be amazed by this monument that is the symbol of Rome in the world. The Amphitheatre created to entertain ancient Roman citizens with bloody shows of gladiators, animals and cruel games, is now one of the most fascinating landmark of the City.
- Then, walk the original path of Ancient Rome along Via Sacra and contemplate the Temples of Vesta, Antonino and Faustina; the ancient Basilica Julia and Aemilia and dream about the glorious past of the Roman Empire.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: ROME – FLORENCE
Florence’s Renaissance art’s big hitters; see Michelangelo’s David in all its glory, and Botticelli’s iconic Birth of Venus, and the magnificent Duomo that dominates the skyline….
- Breakfast, private transfer from hotel to Termini railway station.
- Transfer by train (2nd class ticket, high speed) to Florence.
- In the afternoon, a 2-hour guided tour to discover Florence. Walk along the streets of this incredible city, known as the “Cradle of Renaissance”. The tour starts with the visit of Piazza della Repubblica, then Piazza del Duomo,
- Piazza della Signoria to contemplate David – the masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture, created in marble by the Italian artist Michelangelo.
- Cross Piazzale Uffizi and Ponte Vecchio to reach the nice area of Oltrarno.
At the end of the tour, enjoy an authentic Italian ice-cream in a real parlor.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: SAN GIMIGNANO – SIENA – CHIANTI
The classic Tuscan countryside – Jewels of architecture from the medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque periods – get to the vine-covered hills of Chianti (and its excellent wineries)
Breakfast, enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s most fascinating villages and wine regions. Onboard the bus, introduction to places will visit.
- Journey through the magical landscape of the Chianti Fiorentino (Florentine Chianti) to reach San Gimignano.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany. Known as the Town of Fine Towers, San Gimignano is famous for its medieval architecture, unique in the preservation of about a dozen of its tower house. Within the walls, the well-preserved buildings include notable examples of both Romanesque and Gothic architecture, with outstanding examples of secular buildings as well as churches. The Palazzo Comunale, Collegiate Church and Church of Sant’ Agostino contain frescos.
- The “Historic Centre of San Gimignano” is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The town also is known for saffron, Golden Ham, white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area.
- Free time to visit everything you want: the old town center is full of alleys and beautiful squares, museums, palaces, churches, magnificent towers and craftsmen’s workshops.
- Taste one of the best ice-cream in town. Here you can find few world-famous gelaterias, like Il Criollo or Gelateria dell’Olmo
Continue to the splendid and original area of the Chianti Classico in the Siena province.
- Stop by a typical Tuscan winery. Visit the cellars and vineyards, and wine tasting.
- Enjoy Red wine and typical Tuscan lunch e.g. pasta, cold-cuts, cheeses (Pecorino di Pienza) and local pastries (Ricciarelli, Cantuccini, Panforte).
In the afternoon, proceed to Siena’s old city center.
Admire the magnificent Siena Cathedral (called Duomo), Town Hall in the Piazza del Campo, and the world-famous Senese Palio horse race.
The tour ends with the visit to the marvelous Monteriggioni castle, a medieval fortress known for the “Assassin’s Creed” videogame series. Return to Florence. Overnight at the hotel.
Monteriggioni view on fortifications
Day 6: FLORENCE – VENICE
- Breakfast, independent transfer from hotel to Santa Maria Novella Station.
- Train to Venice (2nd class ticket, high speed); arrival at 12:30 pm.
- Private transfer to hotel: included private water taxi, meet & greet with the assistant in Piazzale Roma;
- Or meet & greet, assistance and porterage service to the hotel (depending on the booked hotel).
In the afternoon free time at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 7: VENICE
The jaw-dropping beauty and hugeness of the Piazza San Marco… the world-famous basilica, Palazzo Grassi, Canals…
- Breakfast, join a guided tour of Palazzo Ducale which represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Doge and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic.
- The Guide will show you the halls of power.
- A Curated Visit (Guide from the Curia of Venice) to one of the most majestic cathedrals of the world. A masterpiece of byzantine art, unique in its kind in Italy: contemplate the beautiful gold mosaics, marble inlays of the floors, biblical scenes, the history and particularities of this ancient basilica.
- Visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie (using the same ticket!
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8: VENICE – Breakfast, private transfer from hotel to Venice airport.
SITES TO SEE, KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
|FLORENCE: SOME OF THE SITES TO SEE|
|Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore||Piazza della Signoria||Basilica of Santa Maria Novella||Brunelleschi’s dome||Museo di Palazzo Davanzati|
|Uffizi Gallery||Palazzo Vecchio||Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence||Cappelle Medicee||Ponte Vecchio|
|Palatine Gallery||Pitti Palace||Basilica di San Lorenzo||Laurentian Medici Library||The Boboli Gardens|
|Accademia Gallery||Strozzi Palace||Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence||The Baptistery of St. John||Grotta del Buontalenti|
|Walking tour & monuments: Piazza Della Signoria with the town hall Palazzo Vecchio, Duomo, Baptistery with its ‘Gates of Paradise’, Giotto’s independent bell tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele Church, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor, as well as famous shopping streets.|
|ROME: SOME OF THE SITES TO SEE|
|Colosseum||Pantheon||Piazza Navona||Castel Sant’Angelo||Villa Borghese|
|St. Peter’s Basilica
St. Peter’s Square
|Trevi Fountain||Piazza del Popolo||Palatine Hill||Villa d’Este|
|Sistine Chapel||Fiumi Fountain||Piazza Venezia||Baths of Caracalla||Hadrian’s Villa|
|Vatican Museum||Spanish Steps||Piazza di Spagna||Altar of the Fatherland||Villa Medici|
|Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore||Via Veneto
Via del Corso
|Piazza Venezia||Domus Aurea||Pincio Promenade|
|Basilica Papale San Paolo fuori le Mura||Roman Forum||Quirinal Palace||Trajan’s Column
|Arch of Constantine||Circus Maximus||Palazzo Barberini||St. Angelo Bridge||National Roman Museum, Baths of Diocletian|
|VENICE: SOME OF THE SITES TO SEE|
|St. Mark’s Basilica
St Mark’s Campanile
|Ponte di Rialto (Rialto Bridge)
|Murano island||Peggy Guggenheim Collection
|Santa Maria dei Miracoli
|Piazza San Marco (St. Mark’s Square)||Scuola Grande di San Rocco||Burano island||Gallerie dell’Accademia||Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari|
|Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace)
|Torcello island||The Arsenal and the Museum of Naval History||Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute|
|Canale Grande (Grand Canal)||Palazzo Rezzonico||Lido||Bridge of Sighs||Museo Correr|
VISA & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE COVID ERA:
Past Covid-19, Visa Procedures and Requirements are continuously being updated; and may change till the day of travel date. Kindly Check ALL rules that apply to YOU in Lebanon and the City / Country of your Destination; and if You are eligible to travel; and the Type of Visa and its conditions.
You may need to check back frequently for the latest COVID-19 travel and specific testing requirements for your destination, Including any Stops for Connecting Flights. You are required to come to the airport with the appropriate travel documents.
Check Travel Restrictions: Countries or State governments may have travel restrictions in place, including testing requirements, stay-at-home orders, and quarantine requirements upon arrival. For up-to-date information and travel guidance, check or follow the Office of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health; or Bureau of Consular Affairs; or Ministry of Interior; or Embassies; State, Local, Territorial Government Travel restrictions; and Airlines Websites.
Customers’ Responsibilities during Covid-19: Pre-Flight Instructions at Airport, Post-Flight and Confinement upon Arrival. Some Destinations and Airlines may require but NOT limited to: 1) a negative RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, Antigen or TMA tests from authorized accredited laboratories taken within 72 or 96 hours; 2) Special travel certificates; 3) Sworn statement 4) Passenger Locator Form; 5) Travel Certificate and/or other Health Documentation; 6) download a “Covid” smart App and/or Tracking App; 7) Other requirements, if any.
Hence, customers have the ownness to check All and Any Online Relevant Sources to travel. We shall NOT accept any liability / responsibility for any denied boarding.
Expect a trip with masks, sanitizers and potentially full of Immunity passports, mouthwash tests etc.