- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Madrid, Artistic Hip City 5D4N
Madrid impressive culture, chic shopping districts, streets filled with cosy tapas bars, verdant parks and historical sites makes it one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in Europe.
Madrid is a mixture of cultural centers, museums, art streets, sights and aromas. From glittering Palaces to dazzling Art museums … Madrid is never lacking in this realm.
“No city on earth is more alive than Madrid, a beguiling place whose sheer energy carries a simple message: this city really knows how to live. Few cities boast an artistic pedigree quite as pure as Madrid’s: many art lovers return here again and again. For centuries, Spanish royals showered praise and riches upon the finest artists of the day, from home-grown talents such as Goya and Velázquez to Flemish and Italian greats. Masterpieces by these and other Spanish painters such as Picasso, Dalí and Miró now adorn the walls of the city’s world-class galleries. Three in particular are giants – the Museo del Prado, Centro de Arte Reina Sofía and Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza – but in Madrid these are merely good places to start.
Madrid’s Architectural history provides a glorious backdrop to city life, from medieval mansions and royal palaces to the unimagined angles of Spanish contemporary architecture, ….
Package is quoted per person in EURO and Includes:
- 04-Night accommodation at the Mayorazgo Hotel
- Daily Buffet breakfast
- Regular tours and excursions as per the itinerary
- Guided tours as per the itinerary
- Round trip transfer Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Travel insurance
- Guaranteed Departures: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
|Hotel Category||Hotel Name||Period||Double||Triple||Single|
|Tourist||Mayorazgo||01Apr – 31Oct||€ 787||€ 743||€ 1,265|
|01Nov – 31Dec||€ 699||€ 666||€ 1,100|
Important Notices & Price Validity:
- City Tax is NOT included and must be paid directly at the hotel.
- Prices are subject to change according to Availability of room types, etc.
- In case the mentioned hotel is unavailable, then alternate hotel of similar category will be provided.
Day 1: MADRID: Meet & assist at airport, transfer to hotel for an overnight.
Day 2: MADRID & THE ROYAL PALACE
Breakfast then enjoy a Walking tour with Royal Palace.
- Discover in this walking tour the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period of Madrid. Habsburg’s Madrid is the name given to Madrid when the Habsburg dynasty reigned in Spain. The reign began with Charles I, who enriched the city with palaces and monuments. Later on, Philip II made Madrid the capital of Spain and the city grew dramatically. Stop at a Café for a break.
- The Royal Palace was built in the XVIII century upon the ancient Baroque Italian style fortress of the Habsburg. It is one of the most beautiful and best preserved palaces in Europe; and a symbol of the permanence and consolidation of Madrid as the capital of the Kingdom. The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. To date, Spanish Crown receptions are celebrated here e.g. audiences, dinner parties, signature of agreements, etc.
- Visit the Armory Square (exterior of the palace), Grand Staircase, King Charles III’s Apartments, Queen’s Apartments, Banqueting Hall, Royal Chapel, Throne Room and Crown Room.
- After the guided tour, you may continue on your own pace visiting the Royal Armory and the stunning views.
- S. Please note that the itinerary may be subject to change due to official acts to be celebrated in the Palace.
Afternoon free. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 3: MADRID HIGHLIGHTS + “SKIP THE LINE “GUIDED TOUR PRADO MUSEUM
Breakfast at the hotel.
SEAT-IN-COACH, WALK & TALK TOUR
- Start the tour from our representative office, Julia Travel, where we take the coach accompanied by our guide and head to Plaza de Oriente to reach Debod Temple. Stop, walk, take pictures.
- Drive towards the Plaza Mayor. Stop, visit la Plaza de Villa and Puerta del Sol.
- Return to the coach, continue and visit Carrera de San Jerónimo Street, Las Cortes (Spanish Parliament), Neptuno’s Square (Famous artistic fountain), Paseo Del Prado (Walk of Art: Thyssen, Prado & Reina Sofía Museums), Atocha Railway Station, Royal Botanic Gardens of Madrid, Cibeles Square (Famous artistic fountain), Alcalá Street, Alcalá’s Gate, Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas (Bullring) and then pause.
- Drive to Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (Home of Real Madrid CF), Paseo de la Castellana Street, Plaza de Colón (Columbus Square), National Library, Gran Vía Street, Plaza de España, Plaza de Oriente (end of the tour).
- Please note that, accompanied by our guide, we will make appropriate stops to rest, take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring, if the weather permits. Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot.
Please note that the itinerary may be subject to change due to Events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, official acts and public works).
PRADO MUSEUM TOUR
- The building that today houses the Prado national museum was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785. It was constructed to hold the Natural History Cabinet, by orders of King Charles III.
- However, it was the decision of the monarch’s grandson, King Ferdinand VII encouraged by his wife Queen Maria Isabel de Braganza, to convert the building to the new Royal Museum of Paintings and Sculptures. The Prado national museum, opened to the public for the first time in November 1819.
- The Museum’s first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although the collection was comprised of more than 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences). This exceptionally royal collection, the very foundation of the Museum’s compilation, increased in the 16th century under Charles V and mainly under the Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. Contemplate masterpieces such as: The Garden of Earthly Delights (by Bosch); The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest (by El Greco); Las Meninas (by Velázquez); and The Family of Carlos IV (by Goya).
Day 4: MADRID – ROYAL MONASTERY OF EL ESCORIAL
Breakfast at the hotel. In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site; and the Valley of the Fallen, a basilica that stands out for its gigantic size.
ROYAL MONASTERY OF EL ESCORIAL
- Visit El Escorial, symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction, it was considered for years the eighth (8th) wonder of the world. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, Kings and Princes Mausoleum, Chapter House and the Basilica.
BASILICA OF THE VALLEY OF THE FALLEN
- Located 9 km away from El Escorial, this enormous monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The Basilica (*) is carved into the mountain at 1350 meters of altitude, where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent landscape of Madrid’s mountain range.
Afternoon free. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 5: MADRID: Breakfast. Transfer to airport.
|MADRID: SOME SITES TO SEE||Almudena Cathedral|
|Royal Palace||National Library||Plaza Mayor||Plaza de Colón
|Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid|
|Museo Nacional Del Prado||Puerta del Sol||Plaza de Cibeles||Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas||Campo del Moro|
|Royal Palace of El Pardo||Puerta de Alcalá||Plaza de España||Barrio de La Latina
|Market of San Miguel
|Palacio de Cristal del Retiro||Puerta de Toledo||Plaza de Oriente||Gran Vía||Neptune Fountain|
|El Retiro Park||Basilica of San Francisco el Grande, Madrid||Plaza de la Villa||Royal Seat of San Lorenzo de El Escorial||National Archaeological Museum|
VISA & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE COVID ERA:
Past Covid-19, Visa Procedures and Requirements are continuously being updated; and may change till the day of travel date. Kindly Check ALL rules that apply to YOU in Lebanon and the City / Country of your Destination; and if You are eligible to travel; and the Type of Visa and its conditions.
You may need to check back frequently for the latest COVID-19 travel and specific testing requirements for your destination, Including any Stops for Connecting Flights. You are required to come to the airport with the appropriate travel documents.
Check Travel Restrictions: Countries or State governments may have travel restrictions in place, including testing requirements, stay-at-home orders, and quarantine requirements upon arrival. For up-to-date information and travel guidance, check or follow the Office of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health; or Bureau of Consular Affairs; or Ministry of Interior; or Embassies; State, Local, Territorial Government Travel restrictions; and Airlines Websites.
Customers’ Responsibilities during Covid-19: Pre-Flight Instructions at Airport, Post-Flight and Confinement upon Arrival. Some Destinations and Airlines may require but NOT limited to: 1) a negative RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, Antigen or TMA tests from authorized accredited laboratories taken within 72 or 96 hours; 2) Special travel certificates; 3) Sworn statement 4) Passenger Locator Form; 5) Travel Certificate and/or other Health Documentation; 6) download a “Covid” smart App and/or Tracking App; 7) Other requirements, if any.
Hence, customers have the ownness to check All and Any Online Relevant Sources to travel. We shall NOT accept any liability / responsibility for any denied boarding.
Expect a trip with masks, sanitizers and potentially full of Immunity passports, mouthwash tests etc.
- Madrid, Spain
- Royal Palace of Madrid, Calle de Bailén, Madrid, Spain
- Plaza Mayor, Madrid, Spain
- Gran Vía, Madrid, Spain
- Plaza Espana, Madrid, Spain
- Museo Nacional del Prado, Calle de Ruiz de Alarcón, Madrid, Spain
- El Escorial, Spain
- Valley of the Fallen, Carretera de Guadarrama/El Escorial, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain