- 7 Days 6 Nights
- 0 Review
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Normandy & Chateaux De La Loire 7D6N
Post Covid: Travel requirements are continuously being updated, and may change till the day of travel or arrival date (as in: Visa, City lockdown, etc.)
Some governments or states or cities are implementing shelter-in-place orders restricting travel, access to public places (e.g. cafes, bars, restaurants, sites) and transient lodging.
Therefore some hotels are required to close for a period of time; or are finding prudent to temporarily close to public.
Consequently, with the ongoing growing concerns about the impact of the Covid pandemic and the resulting uncertainties in the immediate future, Some Hotels (if open) are continuously changing their Rates.
The Occupancy Ratio and Price List are constantly fluctuating and hence it is hard to preset a fixed rate.
Hence prices are on Request Basis.
Please tell us what your needs are e.g. Hotel Category (5-star, 4-star, 3-star), Hotel Location, Number of Nights, other; and we shall send you the package that suits you best.
We are an email away and happy to help.
- Prices are on request and subject to Availability at the time of booking.
- For other Alternative Hotels and Tours, please contact us.
From Normandy to the Loire Valley, explore the storied history that has sculpted these regions on this private deluxe France vacation package.
Discover Caen’s fortifications, reminder of France’s 100 Years War and the French Revolution. Travel to France back in time to 1944 at the landing beaches of the Allied Forces during the D-Day Normandy invasions.
Visit the island and pilgrimage site of Mont St. Michel topped by a gravity-defying medieval monastery. Savor Normandy’s delectable culinary specialties and taste acclaimed wines of the Loire Valley. Stroll the picturesque cobblestone streets and view the charming timber framed or “pan-de-bois” homes of Le Mans. Explore the grandeur of the Loire Valley’s splendid and awe-inspiring châteaux. History and beauty will embrace the explorer in you on this unforgettable Central Holidays France travel tour.
- From Normandy to the Loire Valley, explore the storied history that has sculpted these regions of France
- Discover Caen’s fortifications, reminder of France’s 100 Years War and the French Revolution
- Travel back in time to 1944 at the landing beaches of the Allied Forces during the D-Day Normandy invasions
- Visit the island and pilgrimage site of Mont St. Michel topped by a gravity-defying medieval monastery
- Savor Normandy’s delectable culinary specialties and taste acclaimed wines of the Loire Valley
- Stroll the picturesque cobblestone streets and view the charming timber framed, or “pan-debois,” homes of Le Mans
- Explore the grandeur of the Loire Valley’s splendid and awe-inspiring châteaux
This posh holiday is quoted in USD per person in a Double Room and includes:
- 2-Night accommodation at the 4-star Mercure Caen Cote de Nacre Hotel in CAEN on BB basis
- 1-Night accommodation at the 4-star Mercure St Malo Hotel in ST. MALO on BB basis
- 3-Night accommodation at the 4-star Novotel Amboise Hotel in AMBOISE on BB basis
- 1 lunch at restaurant
- 1 farewell dinner at Chateau
- Touring by private air-conditioned car/minivan
- Assistance of an English-speaking professional driver/tour director for the entire length of the tour
- Entrance fees to:
- Giverny Monet’s House
- Arromanches Museum
- Airborne Museum in Sainte-Mère-Eglise
- Mont St-Michel Abbey
- Château de Chenonceau
- Château du Clos Lucé, the residence of Leonardo da Vinci
- Château de Chambord
- Chateau of Blois
- Oysters in Cancale
- Wine tasting in Amboise
- Biscuits tasting in Amboise
- 90 minutes cruise on the Loire River
- Airport Transfers Arrival and departure
- Document holder and luggage tags
- Package excludes air ticket
- Price and Availability are subject to change at the Time of Booking
- Hotel City Tax must be settled Directly and Locally at the hotel
DAY 1: PARIS – GIVERNY – CAEN
Get ready for an exciting adventure in France with your arrival in Paris where you will meet your guide. Head out towards Normandy and stop in Giverny along the way and see Monet’s house. Arrive in the port city of Caen, founded in 1060, and enjoy a short panoramic tour. Here you will discover one of the largest fortified enclosures in Europe, a reminder of the 100 Years War and the French Revolution. Discover the relics of the Duke-King’s palace, the Church of St. George, and the Exchequer room.
DAY 2: CAEN – OMAHA BEACH – COLLEVILLE – POINTE DU HOC – UTAH BEACH – SAINTE MARIE DU MONT – ANGOVILLE – SAINTE MERE EGLISE – CAEN
Today you will delve into history at the 1944 landing beaches of the Allied Forces during the D-Day Normandy invasions. Explore Omaha Beach and visit the American cemetery in Colleville: a site of over 170 acres housing 9,387 tombs and a wall of the missing. Next head to the Pointe du Hoc, where craters resulting from aerial bombardment underscore the famous feat carried out by US Rangers. Head to Utah Beach, one of the primary Allied invasion sites. From there you’ll proceed through Sainte Marie du Mont, before stopping in Angoville-au-Plain. The tour will end at Sainte Mere Eglise with a visit to the Airborne Museum. Overnight in Caen. (B)
DAY 3: CAEN – MONT ST. MICHEL – CANCALE – ST. MALO
The adventure continues on the island of Mont Saint Michel topped by a medieval monastery where nearly two and a half million visitors, pilgrims, and tourists are welcomed every year. After going through the Boulevard Gate and then the King’s Gate, fortified with its portcullis, you will find the “Grande Rue”, or main street, with its museums, shops and houses dating from the 15th and 16th centuries. Enjoy the beautiful view over the bay as you head down the ramparts path. Today you will have an included lunch featuring Normandy specialties before stopping in Cancale, the Oyster capital of Brittany, and then heading on to St. Malo for an evening walking tour and overnight stay. (B,L)
DAY 4: ST. MALO – LE MANS – CHENONCEAUX – AMBOISE
Le Mans, “City of Art and History”, greets you, showcasing its twenty hectares of cobblestone streets, timber framed or “pan-de-bois” homes, Renaissance hotels, Roman wall, and Saint Julien Cathedral. Next you will visit the magnificent Château de Chenonceaux, often called the “Ladies Château” as they historically influenced the castle’s design. In 1512 Thomas Bohier decided to replace the fortress on this site with a
Renaissance style château. The build was directed by his wife Katherine Briconnet. In 1535, King Francis I incorporated it into the Crown Estate as part of a debt settlement. Later, King Henry II gifted it to his mistress, Diane de Poitiers, who added the bridge over the Cher River and the gardens. Head on to Amboise for tonight’s stay. (B)
DAY 5: AMBOISE – CLOS LUCE – AMBOISE
Experience the best of Amboise starting with a visit to Château of Clos Lucé, the home of Leonardo Da Vinci. Named “Premier Painter and Engineer and Architect” by King Francis I, Da Vinci was granted enjoyment of the Château, which is located only a few meters away from the Château d’Amboise royal residence. In the afternoon, take a leisurely cruise along the picturesque Loire River and then join in a tasting experience of wine and biscuits of the Tourraine area. (B)
DAY 6: AMBOISE – CHAMBORD – BLOIS – AMBOISE
Your journey of discovery continues today with a visit of the Château Chambord, a magnificent castle that King Francis I started constructing in 1519, featuring 400 rooms, more than 80 staircases, 365 fireplaces, and an
exceptional number of towers, high ceilings, pointed domes and graceful pinnacles.
Next, visit the Royal Château of Blois that presents a stunning look at the art and history of the Loire’s castles and has been classified as a historic monument since 1845. Enjoy free time for shopping and return to your hotel to get ready for a special farewell dinner in a château. (B,D)
DAY 7: AMBOISE – PARIS (OR EXTEND YOUR STAY)
Rise and shine with breakfast at your hotel before transferring to the airport for your flight home. (B)
Legend: (B) Breakfast – (L) Lunch – (D) Dinner
- Omaha Beach Sector Charlie, Place du Débarquement, Vierville-sur-Mer, Normandy, France
- Caen, France
- Mont Saint-Michel, France
- Saint-Malo, France
- Château de Chenonceau, Chenonceaux, France
- Chateau du0027Amboise viewpoint, Quai François Tissard, Amboise, France
- Château de Chambord, Chambord, France
- Blois, France