- 4 Days 3 Nights
- 0 Review
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Thessaloniki’s charm, Greece second city, competes with Athens. Fall in love with Thessaloniki, its 2,300 years’ history, culture, beautiful coasts, .. Wander around and explore its Byzantine walls UNESCO World Heritage, Galerius 4th-century Arch, White Tower waterfront, Egnatia Shopping street and Tsimiski 1.2km long shopping Avenue… a bustling vibrant city yet to be discovered.
Package is quoted per person, in Euro and includes:
Airline Ticket on Aegean Airlines (subject to Availability)
All Airport Taxes
03-night accommodation at the hotel of your choice
Bed & Breakfast basis
Transfer Thessaloniki Airport (SKG) / Hotel / Thessaloniki Airport (SKG) by private car (Day time)
|Star||Hotel||Period 2018 – 2019||Double||Single||Triple||Website|
|3||Metropolitan Hotel||01Nov18 – 31Dec18||€ 462||€ 567||€ 427||www.metropolitan.gr|
|3||Metropolitan Hotel||01Jan19 – 31Mar19||€ 474||€ 592||€ 440|
|4||City Hotel||01Nov18 – 31Mar19||€ 476||€ 618||€ 457||www.cityhotel.gr|
|5||Porto Palace Hotel||01Nov18 – 30Nov18||€ 514||€ 654||€ 489||www.portopalace.gr|
|5||Porto Palace Hotel||01Dec18 – 31Dec18||€ 533||€ 690||€ 502|
|5||Porto Palace Hotel||01Jan19 – 31Mar19||€ 543||€ 708||€ 509|
|City Hotel||15Nov18 – 17Nov18|
|24Dec18 – 01Jan19|
|31Jan19 – 03Feb19|
|28Feb19 – 03Mar19|
|Porto Palace Hotel||22Dec18 – 26Dec18|
|29Dec18 – 01Jan19|
- Prices and Availability are subject to change at the Time of Booking.
- Exchange Rate USD/Euro is subject to variances.
THESSALONIKI SITES TO SEE
- Aristotelous Square, the city’s most central square boasting monumental mansions. It is one of the biggest and most impressive squares in Greece offering a view of Thermaikos Gulf. Under clear skies, you can see the Olympus massif in the far distance from the Square.
- Stroll down Nikis Avenue across the seafront, extending from the city’s Port up to the Statue of Alexander the Great, lined with many cafés, bars and stores.
- The White Tower (Lefkos Pyrgos) is the city’s landmark. The 33.9 m. high fortified cylinder tower measuring 22.7 m. in diameter was built under Suleiman I the Magnificent in the 16th It was part of the city’s fortification and was later used by the Turks as a place of execution (it was called Kanli Kasteli which means “tower of blood”).
- Visit the Palace of Galerius, comprising the Octagon (the throne chamber) and admire its renowned mosaics, the Galerius Arch, known as Kamara, built in 305 BC and the imposing Rotunda, the circular dome roofed building with impressive Early Christian mosaics (late 4th century).
- Ancient Agora (Market place) from the 3rd century BC, the Mint, the Odeion…
- Byzantine Bath, close to Koule Kafe Square, dates back from the 13th
- Stroll along Kapani and Modiano markets and experience the city’s scents, perfumes and colors.
- Visit the Harbour, Customs house, Warehouses.
- Royal Theatre, a 1940 building, nowadays the seat of the National Theatre of Northern Greece. This 3-storey building boasts luxurious halls; and is one of the most high-tech stages in Europe – located in the White Tower Square.
- Ladadika buildings near Aristotelous Square have been converted into restaurants and night clubs.
- City’s Main Streets: Mitropoleos, Tsimiski, Ermou and Egnatia.
- Churches: Agia Sophia (Saint Sophia); Agios Dimitrios, city’s Patron Saint; Acheiropoiitos; Agios Minas; Panagia Chalkeon; Agios Panteleimonas; Agioi Apostoloi; Sotiras Chapel; Nea Panagia; Agios Haralampos…
- Mosques e.g. Ishak Pasha Mosque situated close to Kassandrou Street; Hamza Bey Mosque.
- Turkish baths e.g. Bey Hamam on Egnatia Street; Pasha Hamam; Bazaar Hamam; Yeni Hamam.
- Thessaloniki, Greece
- Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki, Greece
- White Tower, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Arch of Galerius, Egnatia, Thessaloniki, Greece