- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Barcelona, Gourmet Break 4D3N (Upon Request)
If you plan to visit Barcelona and love food this is your tour!
Have a sunset drink on the Barceloneta Beach …Discover Barcelona through the great local food and cuisine… Spend time with our pleasant local chef, who will guide you through a private visit to the colorful Boqueria food market and a delightful tapas tasting experience.
Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, is defined by quirky art and architecture, imaginative food and vibrant street life. It has medieval roots, seen in the Gothic Quarter, but a modernist personality represented by architect Antoni Gaudí’s fantastical Sagrada Família cathedral. Its restaurant scene ranges from fine dining to tiny tapas bars. Barcelona’s to-do list is as plentiful as its sunny days.
Barcelona, A maze of narrow, curved streets, vibrant city attracting crowds … Walk along the Ramblas to enjoy street musicians, living statues; shop on the Passeig de Gracia, rest in Guell Park. Admire Barcelona famously whimsical modernista architecture and Gaudi’s seven masterpieces.
This Package is tailor-made and hence price is on request basis. If interested, will be happy to quote it for you. Just drop us an email.
Day 1: BARCELONA: Meet & assist at airport, transfer to hotel. Day at leisure.
Day 2: BARCELONA: Breakfast.
FAST TRACK SAGRADA FAMILIA & PARK GÜELL GUIDED TOUR 4H30MIN
Visit two of the most important works of the famous architect Antoni Gaudí, learn how nature influenced and inspired the wonderful work of the artist and discover the abundant symbolism of his work, the history and the hidden places of each monument with a local guide.
- Located at the upper part of Barcelona with incredible views of the city.
- The Park was declared UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. The impetus for the project was the Garden City Movement in Great Britain. It was meant to be an urbanization, ordered by the catalan entrepreneur Eusebi Güell, it was finally inaugurated as a public park in 1926.
- In this work Gaudí displayed all his creative talent with a naturalistic and organic style, with the aim to achieve a perfect integration of architecture into nature.
- The centerpiece of the Parc Güell consists of a columned market space supporting an open plaza bounded by a serpentine bench covered with a conglomerate of discarded ceramic tiles, called trencadís, a hallmark of Catalan craftsmanship.
- The plaza drains into channels within the columns that collect rainwater, flow it into cisterns for reuse. The market is connected to the Parc’s entrance by a grand staircase with a tiled fountain sporting the face of a dragon and the striped Catalan flag. The gatehouse consists of rocky lodges crowned by irregular, conical spires, appearing to be crafted out of gingerbread. All forms rely on the treatment of ecologically-sensitive materials.
- Break, pause, take pictures. The guide will lead you to the bus so we can proceed to Sagrada Familia.
- Guided tour: The Basilica and Expiatory Temple of la Sagrada Familia is one of the most visited buildings in the world. Considered Gaudi’s masterpiece. Work began in 1882 and is hoped to be completed in 2026, a century after the architect’s death. We will visit its astonishing interior rich in symbolism and inspired from nature. The building is a perfect fusion between architecture and spiritually.
- “Gaudi foresees the construction of a temple with the architecture resulting from his personal imagination consisting of five aisles, a window, an apse, an exterior ambulatory, 3 facades, 18 towers, (12 to symbolize the apostles, 4 for the evangelists (135 meters high), For the Virgin Mary (127.5 meters topped by the Morning Star) and the highest (172.5 meters) in the center to symbolize Jesus Christ.
- With this project the church becomes much larger than originally planned and its symbolism is totally reimagined. Mystical religious references, the history and mysteries of the Christian faith, the stages of the life of Christ, the heavenly Jerusalem symbolizing peace … Gaudi’s imagination and solid liturgical knowledge, defined a new religious architecture that will be called naturalist -modernist. A symbolic creativity never equaled to this day.
- The work realized during his lifetime, that is to say the façade of the Nativity, the tower of Saint Barnabé and part of the exterior wall of the apse, was declared a world heritage by Unesco in 2005.
- The basilica of the Sagrada Familia was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI on November 7, 2010.
- At the end of the guided visit, head to the elevator entrance for climbing to one of the towers and admire Barcelona’s spectacular panoramic views. Optional: museum’s visit.
Afternoon at leisure to enjoy this wonderful city and surroundings. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 3: BARCELONA – MONTSERRAT – TORRES WINE CELLARS – SITGES – BARCELONA
(Full Day with Gastronomic Lunch)
- Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat for a half-day tour to Montserrat.
- Montserrat is a rocky mountain located 50 km to the southwest of Barcelona. It is considered the most significant and important mountain of Catalonia. In 1987 Montserrat was declared a Natural Park to ensure its conservation. The highest peak is called Sant Jeroni (Saint Jerome) and stands at 1,236 meters above sea level. The rocks of Montserrat formed since centuries by wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms.
- The importance of this mountain is due to the legend of the miraculous appearance of the Madonna and Child in one of the caves. This cave received the name Santa Cova (The Saint Cave).
- Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin. Its dark color is the result of a reaction caused by varnish. La Moreneta´s holiday is on April 27th.
- Due to the legend of the Madonna, the mountain has been linked with spirituality. Besides the main monastery of Santa María de Montserrat, there is a great number of small churches and chapels, some of them abandoned
- The main monastery stands at 720 meters above sea level. Nowadays there is a community of 80 monks that live there and follow the rule of Saint Benedict.
- Free time to admire and further explore this city; visit the local food market; audiovisual exhibition; and taste some typical liqueurs.
TORRES WINE CELLARS
- At a fixed time, meet the guide at the bus stop to depart to the prestigious wineries of the Torres Family in the heart of Penedés. Discover and experience all the secrets of the fascinating world of wine.
- Visit starts with a commentary and tasting of two (2) wines and Iberian Ham tapa.
- Gastronomic lunch with quality local products and wines.
– Bread with tomato and olive oil with Iberian Ham.
– Mussels with Chardonnay.
– Tomatoes salad with spring onion and cheese spheres.
– Rice with fish and meat.
– Mató / cottage cheese with Honey.
- Later on, visit the vineyards and winery where the Torres Family’s emblematic wine is made: Mas La Plana. May access the Waltraud winery and the area used for wines’ maturation.
- Head to Sitges, one of the most beautiful villages of the Catalonia coast. This sailor village is one of tourists’ favorite destinations. Its picturesque old town center, narrow streets, stunning beaches, vibrant cultural life, good food are simply mesmerizing.
- Our guide will explain the historic details of the “Indianos”, those who travelled to America in search of a better life.
- Wander around at your own pace, discover the city hidden gems, or beaches or shop in the old town.
Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 4: Breakfast then transfer to Barcelona’s airport.
BARCELONA – OPTIONAL
Taste Spain’s fundamental flavors with this walking tour.
- Combine gourmet food and Catalan culture on a pre-dinner walking tour of Barcelona’s famous tapas bars. A great way to get to know Barcelona: highlights of this hip vibrant city; discover some of the best bars and cafes. Our friendly informative guide may recommend some sites to see.
- A Welcome drink, wine, in the Gastronomic Center created under the slow food philosophy; and open to offer experiences to Foodies.
- With the food specialist guide roam through Barcelona’s most famous street, La Rambla. Proceed to La Boqueria, the city’s famous fresh food market e.g. fruits, vegetables, seafood, cheese, all types of meat.
- Taste some of the traditional products at the market.
- Head to the Gothic Quarter: contemplate its architecture, soak in its atmosphere, language, gastronomy and aromas. Some of the gourmet shops exist from over a 100-year.
- Stop at a specialized Iberian Ham boutique, taste this mouthwatering cured meat.
- The tour will stop at two restaurants offering a wide selection of local, delicious tapas. Enjoy great food, good wine, informative fun conversation and a better understanding of the Spanish and Catalan cultures, history, and how locals live. (Depending on the arrival, this tour can be substituted by a Tapas & Wine walking tour)
|BARCELONA: SOME OF THE SITES TO SEE|
|Casa Mila (La Pedrera)||Park Güell||Passeig de Gràcia||Palau de la Música Catalana|
|Catedral de Barcelona||Casa Battlo||Parc del Laberint d’Horta||Montjuic||Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC)|
|Plaça del Rei
|Parc de La Ciutedella||Plaça de Catalunya||Montserrat Mountain & Monastery|
|Santa Maria Del Mar
|Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter)||Barceloneta
- Millions of tons of sands were pumped onto 02 miles of shoreline lifting Barcelona into the rank of the world’s great beach cities.
- 7 out of 9 UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES in Barcelona waere created by Antoni Gaudi, called God’s Architect. And they are: (1) Casa Vicens (2) Palau Guell (La Rambla) (3) Casa Battlo (Passeig de Gracia) (4) Casa Mila (5) Park Guell (6) Nativity façade and Crypt of La Sagrada Familia (7) Crypt in Colonia Güell
- La Rambla, Barcelona, Spain
- Montserrat, Spain
- Penedès, Barcelona, Spain
- SITGES, Sitges, Spain
- La Boquería, La Rambla, Barcelona, Spain