Fancy shopping? There is more to the Capital of Luxury. Outlets, small shops and flea markets also coexist in the city of lights.
Coco Chanel’s Famous Quotes:
- Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.
- Simplicity is the key note of all True Elegance.
- You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.
- Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!They Say:
“I could give up shopping but I am not a quitter.”
“Honestly, shopping beats therapy anytime. It costs the same and you get a dress out of it.”
“I’m not a shopaholic, I’m helping the economy.”
“Shortest horror story ever: Sold Out.”
“Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.”
…and they are Right!
- Les Galeries LaFayette
- Le Printemps Haussmann
- Le Bon Marche
- Le Carrousel du Louvre
- Forum des Halles
- Italie Deux
- Les 4 Temps & Le CNIT
- So Ouest
Outlets near Paris
- La Vallee Village
- Usine center (Paris Nord II) (Avenue de la Plaine de France, 95500 Gonesse)
- One Nation Paris (1 rue du Président Kennedy, 78340 Les Clayes Sous Bois)
Best addresses to shop in Paris:
- Avenue des Champs Elysees
- Rue de Passy
- Rue St Honore
- Rue de Rennes
- Rue de Rivoli – Le Marais
- Boulevard Haussmann
- Boulevards Saint Michel & Saint Germain
- Avenue Montaigne
- Avenue des Ternes
- Quartier Beaubourg et les Halles
For bargain shoppers, you should know that Paris has two sales periods:
- Summer sales begin June 25th and ends July 29th.
- Winter sales start around 8 January each year. For a period of six weeks, all the shops in Paris offer many discounts to liquidate their stocks of the past season. (Discounts can sometimes reach – 70%).
- The main stores in Paris usually open from 10:00 till 19:00. They close on Sundays, except for the shops in Carrousel du Louvre, Avenue Champs-Elysées, Marais district or Sevres-Babylone.